Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday 7th November 2007 - Wild River


On Tuesday night, a friend told me about the spectacular scenery at Wild River. I have been here over 2 years and had never been there. I suggested a day out to Shari and she was keen to check it out as well. We spent quite a long time hiking and exploring, looking ofr the perfect spots. The views of the Gorge here are like the ones near Taos only much bigger. We made plans to come back and paint a couple of the most spectacular views and do some of the hiking trails as well.

It was already into the afternoon when we set up to paint this view. As we were finishing and the sun went behind the cliff, it turned quite cold and it was nice to warm up with the heater on in the car. I feel very lucky to have such wonderful weather to paint in! I may come back and work on this one a little more.
Wild River - 16x12" - oil on canvas - unfinished

No comments: