Saturday, June 28, 2008

Solar Fest!


My 3rd year as an invited artist at Solar Fest. I started off with this little sketch of the first festival goers setting up their chairs in the shade with the teepees for the bands in the background - I painted out all the security fences.

This year the artists have podiums either side of the stage - I felt a bit like a go-go dancer up there! I sketched this one of Sharon Gilchrist and her band.

Hal Ketchum was probably my favourite band of the day, great band, strong songs and Hal is a really good singer.

I was still up there painting on my podium as the sun went down - a beautiful Taos sunset. I didn't get too far with this one od the Bodeans as the light got too dim to really see.


Taos Solar Fest oil sketches - oil on canvas - 8 x 10" - $295 each

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

What a great talent you've got. Wish I could paint. Well, I didn't get that talent but I can at least write songs...