Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday 11th November 2008 - Taos Teepee



I had a painting date with Shari and we talked on the phone in the morning and we had both had the idea of painting the mountain and laughed that the mountain was calling us. We arranged to meet by the Overland Sheepskin Ranch where they have great views of the mountain and right next to the sushi place for lunch. I made a couple of calls and both Jane and Lina joined us, so we were a busy little group of artists and a fun lunch party too.

Since the last time I painted there, they have put up this teepee so I decided to make it central to my composition, with the snow on the mountains and the grazing buffalo in the mid ground. I have never painted a teepee before and I found it great fun.


The Teepee and the Mountain - 16 x 12" - oil on canvas - $750

No comments: