Friday, December 19, 2008

Thursday 18th December 2008 - Ray Vinella's Class



I was shopping in Wal-Mart last week (oh the glamour!) and as I came out there was this fabulous sunset over Taos Mountain, just wonderful. I make a point of carrying my camera with me for just this kind of thing and painted this picture from the photo yesterday in Ray's class. The adobe building on the right hand side (for those who know Taos) is Applebee's restaurant (more glamour!)

Sunset Over Taos Mountain - 10 x 20" - oil on canvas - $795



I brought this little painting of Ed Sandoval's horses to the group - I had started it the previous Thursday and worked on it some more on duty at the gallery on Friday but it was still not right. Ray gave me a couple of suggestions and it all came together in the end. Funny how some paintings spontaneously work and others take several attempts and may never get there.

Horses in the Snow - 8 x 10" - oil on canvas panel - $395

No comments: