Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday 31st January - Radio Show

My good friend and fellow painter, Rich Nichols, invited me to be the guest artist on his regular weekly radio show "In the Artist's Studio" on KVOT, Voice of Taos AM 1340.
Rich and I paint together and often have great conversations about the nature and process of creating art, so being on his radio show is just like that but with a microphone in front of me. This was my 3rd time on the radio show, this time with a new station presenter/engineer, Jean Scott Benson, also an artist.
They asked me to bring in a couple of paintings to discuss on the air, so I swung by the gallery on the way there to pick 2 out from the latest show. We laughed about "showing my paintings on the radio"!

We had a lively discussion and the hour passed very quickly. After the show was over and the microphones turned off, we had a great conversation about making TV shows for the internet, following painters on their plein aire adventures and watching the development of paintings as they happen - that sounds like a lot of fun! It would be a way of promoting Taos as an artists' colony, attracting visitors and promoting the artists who live and work here.

No comments: