Sunday, April 13, 2008

Friday 11th April 2008 - Lily

It's been an interesting few months for my gallery situation. I started the year with my paintings in 2 galleries which both closed in February. Just as I was taking paintings out of the galleries and bringing them home, I got the call from Centinel Bank to say i was Artist of the Month for March.

Before the end of March I was put in contact with Eduardo from the restaurant Gutiz ( great fresh bread and croissants baked daily, authentic Spanish and French food - very tasty!) He then went to view the show at the Bank and said he really liked the big sunflower painting which is 5 x 6 feet. I told him i wouldn't be able to hang anything untli I got back from my Kuau'i trip. He told me he got married in Kuau'i and is very interested to see what I paint on my trip - so it seems i have exhibition space lined up ready for the paintings I haven't even done yet!



After i finished the sunflower painting over 2 and a half years ago, I started this orange lily painting and it's been sitting there unfinished ever since. It was so interesting to finish it off and have such a clear indication of how much I've learned in that time.

Lily - acrylic on canvas - 5 x 6' - $1,200

No comments: