Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Saturday 10th May 2008 - new gallery!



On Saturday morning I went to the portrait group and turned out something so bad (in my opinion) that I'm not posting it. It was the busiest the group has been in a while and we were all a little spaced out due to the turpentine fumes (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I comforted myself with the fact that I was really pleased with the painting I did on Wednesday.

In the afternoon I went to see Donna Campbell at the Spanish Steps Gallery at it's new location and we got on really well. She felt that South-western style paintings were underrepresented in her gallery and she took all my gorge, old truck, hollyhocks and adobe and pueblo girl paintings - a massive 16 paintings! I went back the next day on an errand and was sorry to miss her and then I noticed that the full front window display was 2 of my large paintings! If you can see past the reflections in the windows, the one on the left is a square Gorge painting and the one on the right is a painting of a girl from the pueblo in full ceremonial attire.

Very exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.