Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday 20th October 2007 - Rosa



Rosa is the 11 year old (nearly 12) daughter of my good friend Jayne. They had come to watch the Portrait Society Saturday painting session a few times when we were out in public places, like the Fechin Museum. Rosa decided she would like to model and could definitely spend the $45 modelling fee. Nancy, who runs the group was not sure that Rosa was serious about modelling and put her off a few times but Rosa was quite determined.
She was an excellent model and stayed very still for us. After the first 20 minute session she took a break and looked at all the paintings. I asked her what colour background I should put in and she suggested the sky and mountains. I painted in an approximation of Taos Mountain with El Salto to the left and sagebrush in the mid-ground and I think it works pretty well.
Rosa - oil on canvas - 11 x 14" not for sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, I hadn't come across elizabethjose.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Continue the great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
similar in the past? Keep up the great work!