Monday, August 11, 2008

4 - 6th August - Dorothy Lampl's Workshop



I attended Dorothy's Still Life Workshop last Summer and learned a lot, so I was excited about doing it again this year. As well as being one of my favourite painters, Dorothy is one of my favourite people too!



We started off with a single piece of fruit or vegetable and worked up to arrangements of objects.



Practising still life painting is a wonderful way of improving painting technique for all other kinds of painting.



I really wanted to improve my flower painting and brought these white lilies with me to paint. Dorothy said I had picked about the hardest flower to paint! I really enjoyed catching the different colours in the white of the petals.



onion - 5 x 7" - oil on board - sold
grapefruit - 5 x 7" - oil on board - sold
Still Life with a Plum - 12 x 12" -oil on gesso-board - $575
White Lily on Dark - 12 x 16" - oil on canvas-board - $750
White Lily on Mid-tone - 12 x 12" - oil on gesso-board - $750

No comments: