Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wednesday 30th July 2008 - Julie

I quite wore myself out on Saturday with the portrait group in the morning and painting all afternoon at the fund-raiser - maybe going out dancing that night didn't help, but I ended up taking a few days off from painting and paid my bills, did some gardening and housework etc.



By Wednesday I was itching to paint again and went to Melissa's group with Julie as our model. I tried something a little different this time, getting closer up and focussing on a smaller part of the body and the black background forced me to push my values a little more than usual.

Julie - 16 x 20" - oil on canvas - $1,175

In the evening I went to my first Sage Gallery Co-op meeting as I am to hang my work on Saturday. I used to be in a housing co-op when I lived in London and they voted me in as membership secretary and to my surprise, at my first meeting with this co-op, they voted me in as membership secretary - how strange is that? They are a friendly, helpful bunch - quite co-operative (ha ha) and I have a feeling i will do well.

No comments: